Wheeled Thing just returned from a trip to five Nordic cities (Oslo, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm).
All five cities have a bike share system – here is the first of a series of reviews
Oslo Bysykkel translates as City Bike, and their system is great.
Here is why I loved Oslo Bysykkel
- It works and is focused around the app: You can both buy your 72 hour pass (NOK 99 [~$13] for 72 hrs) and can undock a bike on the app.
- You can sign up with an American phone number!
- A 72 Hour Pass includes 45 minutes with each borrowing along with minimal overage charges (NOK 5 [~$0.65] per 15 extra minutes)
- There is a smartphone holder built into the handlebars:
- If you are about to go over on time, Bysykkel sends you a text message
- There were plenty of bikes available – when and where we wanted them.
Oslo Bysykkel is the best bike share of the Nordic Capitals.